The recruitment of right talent is a critical success factor in a highly competitive business environment.. This is especially true for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Singapore. SMEs can offer many interesting and challenging career opportunities for Professionals, Managers , Executives and Technicians (PMETs), a fact that is often not known to some job seekers.
P-Max @ SMF is a place-and-train programme administered by Singapore Manufacturing Federation (SMF) and supported by Workforce Singapore (WSG), to assist SMEs to better recruit, train, manage and retain their newly-hired PMETs.
It will help newly-hired PMETs to better acclimatise to the new SME work environment and to encourage better PMET retention in SMEs. P-Max @ SMF will also enable SMEs to establish better communication channels between supervisors and staff, and to adopt progressive HR practices for their newly hired PMETs.
Under P-Max @ SMF, participating SMEs and PMETs will benefit in the following ways:
- Job-seeking PMETs will be matched into suitable positions in SMEs
- PMETs and SME supervisors who oversee newly-hired PMETs will attend respective PMET & SME workshops (Up to 90% course fee subsidised by WSG)
- Post-training support by SMF to SME supervisors and their newly-trained PMET personnel for a period of six months, and
- Upon completion of both workshops, SMF will followup with the newly-trained PMET personnel and the SME supervisor for a period of six months. SMEs who successfully complete the six-month follow-up and retain their newly-hired PMET employee, will be eligible for a one-off S$5,000 Assistance Grant.
Programme Fees and Funding Support
The workshops will equip both SME and PMET participants with basic Human Resource (HR) knowledge and tools related to employee relations, interpersonal communication, performance administration, as well as good HR practices. Workshop topics include:
- Goal Setting
- Use of Goal Setting and Performance Management Tools
- Performance Management in Relation to Management Practices in Singapore SMEs
- HR Management & Appraisal, Review & Feedback
- Managing Workplace Relationship in SMEs
- Leadership & Communication
- Professional Image and Work Ethics
For further P-Max enquires, click here to contact us